New Delhi: You do not need to stand in the long queues to buy railway tickets. One can go to ticket vending machines and get printed tickets from the machines. Indian Railways South Western Railway, Bengaluru Division has tweeted a video saying, “How to Get Unreserved Tickets Fast.”
Indian Railways has introduced Automatic Ticket Vending Machine (ATVM) in order to reduce the queuing up of passengers at the ticket counters. ATVMs are touch screen based ticketing kiosks which are operated by using smart cards. Passengers can purchase and recharge their smart cards from the nominated ticket counters.
How to get a ticket from ticket vending machine
1. On the ticket vending machine, click the MAP button.
2. Select your route and destination station using the touch screen.
3. Change your journey or travel details if required
4. Now make payment using cash by inserting notes in the slot.
This system is easy to operate. It is to be noted that the instructions for generating ticket through ATVM are printed on the machine.
Alternatively, instead of tickets passengers can purchase a smart card. You can go to the smart card issue and recharge counter. The smart cards can be used to buy unreserved tickets to anywhere across India. This card can be purchased for Rs 100. Passengers can use smart cards to book their unreserved tickets and get a cashback of 3 per cent every time they recharge their smart card. These cards are similar to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) smart cards.
How to get a ticket from ticket vending machine using smart card
1. Now you can place your smart card on the machine
2. Click using the MAP button.
3. Select your route and destination station using the touch screen.
4. Change your journey or travel details if required
5. Now select the payment mode as Railway smart card
6. And then you can collect your ticket from the vending machine’s slot.